Luckily there are lots of ways to achieve this that are inexpensive- many even using items you already have in your home.
Taking just a little bit of time to improve the smell of your home can really do a lot for your mood!
See which of these options below works best for your home.
Fresh Lemon Spray
All you need to do in order to give your home a great citrus scent is combine 1/8 cup of baking soda with 2 cups of hot water and ½ cup of lemon juice.
- One you mix your ingredients, pour it into a spray bottle, shake well, and then spray the scent in the air.
This is a fresh clean smell that doesn’t smell like harsh chemicals.
Dried Lavender in a Jar
Combine equal amounts of dried lavender buds and baking soda into a jar.
- Shake it up.
- Add three drops (there will be 24 total) of lavender scented oil and then shake the jar.
- Continue to do this until you reach 24 drops.
You can place the jar in a room to enjoy the scent, or you can add a lid with holes in it for a more subtle scent.
Oranges in the Fridge
- Once you have eaten the orange insides, fill up the peel part way with salt.
The orange will give off a nice scent, while the salt will draw in the unpleasant ones. Use this to keep your fridge smelling fresh.
This is a pretty strong scent when found naturally.
- In order to keep your scent management aesthetically pleasing, get a few sprigs of dried eucalyptus leaves and put them in a vase.
Not only will it smell nice, it will look nice too!
Easy Lemon Trick for Garbage Disposal
Take the peels from three lemons and chop them up into small pieces.
- Place them in an ice cube tray (probably 2-3 pieces in each slot) along with 1 ½ cups of distilled white vinegar.
- Put into freezer.
- Once they are frozen, transfer into a freezer bag and use whenever your garbage disposal needs a pick-me-up.
Not only will it smell good, but the ice helps sharpen the blades so it’s efficient, as well!
Consider the Season
Gather up some pine cones and drop in a few scents of your favorite essential oil.
To switch it up, think about the time of year. Cinnamon is great for fall, floral scents for spring, fruity scents for summer, and pine for winter- just to name a few.
Don’t Forget the Staples
For many, it’s easiest to go back to the basics.
Scented candles, incense, and reed diffusers are all very easy to use and all you have to do is pick them up at a store. Many of them even come in visually appealing options.
Find the Cause of the Smell
Your best bet is to figure out where the smell is coming from in the first place.
It something doesn’t smell quite right, there tends to be good reason for it!
Before adding additional smells into the home, take some time to assess where the bad smells are coming from. Sponge Outlet has many cleaning supplies that can help make it easier for you to enjoy the better smells in life!