Cleaning out your microwave is never a fun job to do, but sometimes we forget to put that paper towel over the food we are re-heating and the result is some splatter on the walls of the microwave. We even sometimes put off cleaning it up because we say we’ll clean it the next day. But in reality, this usually gets put off for a week or two, and it becomes the dirtiest place in the kitchen. No one wants to heat up food in the microwave if it’s dirty.
A Dirty Microwave Can Cause Health Issues
We should be cleaning our microwave after each time we use it but most of us don’t. Sponge Outlet’s eraser sponges are the perfect tool to use to clean out a dirty microwave. Using our eraser sponge, scrub out any food splatters from walls, rotating tray, and door. This will help get all of the tough spots cleared out first. Some food may be hard to remove but the eraser sponge can handle tough grit, grime, and dirt.
After, Steam Clean the Microwave
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, vinegar, water, and a sponge, you can get your microwave looking brand new. Pour an equal amount of water and vinegar into a bowl, usually half a cup of each works well.
- Put a toothpick into the solution before you start. You’ll notice that bubbles form on the toothpick allowing it to boil without exploding.
- Leave the bowl in your microwave for about 5 to 10 minutes depending on how dirty it is. When the minutes are over, let the microwave stand with the door closed for several minutes allowing steam to penetrate the microwave.
- Be sure to have oven mitts on hand in order to take the bowl out which will be extremely hot.
- After you remove the bowl, stick the eraser sponge into the bowl when the solution is still hot and scrub the rest of your microwave.
- Make sure you wipe down corners, windows, walls, and the outside of the microwave as well.
Our eraser sponges are also disposable so once it cools down, it can be thrown out. Visit Sponge Outlet or call 877-776-6430 to find out about more of our cleaning products!