Using a microwave has become a convenience many people are enjoy using in daily cooking.
Sometimes, at the end of a long day, it’s such a luxury to be able to heat something up in the microwave instead of preparing a meal for yourself.
However, microwaves are not our cleanest household item.
Many of us let food splatter and we are guilty of saying we will “get to it later” but find ourselves never going back.
Microwaves are notorious for containing germs, especially if the microwave is rarely cleaned. Germs multiply most easily in warm settings, making the microwave the perfect spot for them to settle down.
A dirty microwave can result in food poisoning, cross contamination, and a variety of viruses.
We should be cleaning our microwave after each time we use it but most of us don’t.
Our eraser sponges are the perfect tool to use to clean out a dirty microwave. You’ll need a few other supplies as well, but our eraser sponge will get you started.
Using our eraser sponge, scrub out any food splatters from walls, rotating tray, and door.
This will help get all of the tough spots cleared out first.
Some food may be hard to remove but the eraser sponge can handle tough grit, grime, and dirt.
(All of which are in a household microwave!)
After you clean the microwave with our eraser sponge, you should steam clean the appliance.
- Using a microwave-safe bowl, vinegar, water, and a sponge, you can get your microwave looking brand new. Pour an equal amount of water and vinegar into a bowl, usually half a cup of each works well.
- Put a toothpick into the solution before you start. You’ll notice that bubbles form on the toothpick allowing it to boil without exploding.
- Leave the bowl in your microwave for about 5 to 10 minutes depending on how dirty it is. When the minutes are over, let the microwave stand with the door closed for several minutes allowing steam to penetrate the microwave.
- Be sure to have oven mitts on hand in order to take the bowl out which will be extremely hot.
- After you remove the bowl, stick the eraser sponge into the bowl when the solution is still hot and scrub the rest of your microwave.
- Make sure you wipe down corners, windows, walls, and the outside of the microwave as well.
Our eraser sponges are also disposable so once it cools down, it can be thrown out. Visit Spongeoutlet.com for more of our cleaning products, and enjoy your “new” microwave!