It is important to make sure you clean your boat and get it ready to store before the colder weather and winter hits. Boats are expensive investments and they must be taken care of properly in order for it to run smoothly during the boating season.
Boats are exposed to all different kinds of elements. Salt, seaweed, algae, and barnacles are just a few things most boats come into contact on a regular basis. All of these different elements soil the boat, even in the places that you can’t see.
Rinse the Boat
Make sure that you spray down your entire boat with water first. A power washer can sometimes work better than a standard hose because it provides more pressure to clear out the places you can’t quite reach. Rinsing all aspects of the boat including the topside, bottom, and deck is important for the life of the boat.
- You should also clean all of the hardware and trim.
- Purchase proper boat cleaner and bilge in order to get further treat the boat.
- Drain the remaining water out by opening the seacocks
If your boat has a decent amount of salt residue, let the water sit and dissolve the salt a bit. After it dissolves, rinse it with water again.
- Rinse the boat from the top down to ensure you are rinsing the salt off the boat.
- Be sure to purchase proper boat cleaner in order to treat the boat properly.
Scrub the Boat Body
In order to clean the boat, you’ll need one of our eraser sponges to get it properly scrubbed. Sponge Outlet’s eraser sponges can easily pick-up dirt and grime from every section of your boat.
Consider Waxing the Boat
After you have your boat completely washed, you should really consider waxing the boat as well.
- Waxing your boat will seal and protect your clean boat from any winter weather that it might face.
- Wax can protect your boat from temperature changes and preserve shine.
Before you store your boat, make sure the boat is completely dry to avoid mold and mildew from settling in. If possible, open any seacocks to drain remaining water out of the boat.
Sponge Outlet provides cleaning products for all of your needs. If you’re in need of natural cleaning products to help clean your boat efficiently and accurately before storing it for the winter season, contact Sponge Outlet at 877-776-6430 today to get more information on our cleaning products!